Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What is Megg Working on Now ?????


Well as usual, I am working on more than one piece of work at the same time, as well as still trying to set up a workable studio. I dream of my old warehouse with it's plentiful storage shelving and space for large tables.

These pictures, illustrate why I need to go to the Tip Shop soon, to look for some appropriate shelving, pigeon holes to sort and store my growing supply of materials and bits and pieces.


Something that will enable me to find things, rather than just bury other things beneath other things.

I'd love to find the right sized tables too, one that can be narrow and long, and extend out width ways or have a larger top that sits behind for easy re-arranging. I've left my old table top over in the house, as it is a little to large for the room in it's present configuration, and with such a diverse array of crafts/art I am attempting to do in this one little room.


I've got the easel in the corner with two canvases on it the front one is a panorama, that I move up onto the ironing board, when I want to work on it, after first removing whatever is currently sitting stored on there, (all the nicely ironed pieces of fabric ready for the over-locker or sewing machine.)

On the two sides of the larger canvas I have my two finished or nearly finished dresses, for want of somewhere else to hang them up.
This black card table, and the white one with machines on, is constantly being emptied and it's use changed from sew/cutting out/pin-ing table to drawing painting table.



These two baskets hold the wool and latest two
hats I'm working on.










The Green and Purple one, was actually started last year, with the spiraling green top, before the Beaniefest !
And it sat and sat and sat.......!


Last month I pulled it out,when a friend was visiting, and got started on the addition of the purple.

It's still sitting, awaiting the right inspiration to complete it !


This earthy colored one, is progressing well, and will be finished, well before the above hat.


I will finish it off with a dark brown rolled brim, I'm thinking .......?





This is what I made today, using a pre-loved
Rainbow singlet top, with some fabric I found at the market on Sunday and some rainbow fabric found at Uki market some years ago.

It's not quite finished yet, I plan a few more finishing touches, possibly a balancing 'flower on the right hand side under shoulder strap.



This is so much fun to be able to sew, using my new over locker, I think I will really be able to immerse myself in all the material I have been acquiring over the past several months.



I plan to make Wonderful Dancing Dresses,
like this young girls size 8 dress, as well as
Accessories, like bags, headbands, and other colourful stuff,





This is a wonderful piece of exquisite bead
work made by Sue of Dancing Wind Design, made to honour the Fire Fighters, that came from all over to help control The Great Turn-around Fire in North America, which miraculously turned around , burning for two months. It burnt out the Okefenokee Swamp, just a few miles from Sue's house.

She was so thankful, she made this to honour them. She then donated it to our Aussie Etsy Down Under Street Team's Oz Bush Fire Appeal Shop, where I bought it.

I am going to incorporate it into a hat, in memory of Forest's Lost, Dear Freinds Lost, 200+ Lives Lost, and so many homes destroyed, by what has been called a Mega Fire Storm, which began on the 7th of February, my birthday.

Here is the start of it, begun tonight, the trunk of a tree, crocheted around an armature of wire.



You can see the bead necklace wound around
the basket of selected wool for the first stage
of this sculptural piece, that may well be one
of my entries for this year's Beaniefest, we will
wait and see, how it grows

2 comments:

Jude said...

Cool work - I've been mulling over the best way to make felt trees - especially branches!

Jude

Diana Meade said...

what a great point you make about no longer being nomadic; now you can stay in one place. And what a beautiful place it is. Very inspiring, I can imagine. Your work looks inspired. I loved the tassie.

Please come visit me at my blog