Monday, April 29, 2013

Mad Beanieologist Books Tickets to Beaniefest !!

Yay ! After a 4 year absence, I am once again heading out to Alice Springs this June for a week of Beanie Madness. 

2010 Theme 'A Head Full of Love' 

Just booked my flights, via Melbourne on the 17th for an overnight stop,  at my niece's flat ?, or a friends place ?, and a little Opp Shop 'fix' hehe.
 
2011 Theme 'In Our Element, Earth Wind Fire Water'

This year's theme is 'Friendship - Of The Heart'

I haven't quite finished my second entry hat, still working on the fine detail, but my first entry is for the Tea Cosy section, The Sister to Beanies. I have made it out of my very first felted beanie that I made in '92 or '93, and old trusty 'friend',and according to a new friend made last Saturday, I have 'Channeled' my Elders, in the two figures, needle-felted into the top ....... (and it can still be worn as a hat)

I am already excited, and now have just 3 weeks to make 20 or 30 new beanies for Beanie Central, as I will be there as a volunteer.
I made one of them today, and finished another....  tomorrow I plan to make three more.
I love having target dates, to motivate me......... 

Later on in the year (Date TBA) I am putting on a Textile Exhibition with a friend, to which we may invite some other textile artists to join.

Originally we thought September or October, but tonight when she phoned, we discussed having it slightly earlier, while it is still cool.  

Whenever it is, it is still a date in the near future, for me to have insight, and 'InTouch' with my many textile projects that I am working on simultaneously. I find it works well  to leave various projects 'sit awhile', as I 'muse' on the creative processes involved with each piece,

If I worked just on one piece, from'start' to 'finish', before allowing myself to 'start a new piece, I may not have had time to 'allow' the 'Spirit' of the piece to Evolve.  

Hmmm I quite like 'InTouch With Art' as a name for a Textile Exhibition

No comments: